Six East Safety Protocols
To ensure your safety and ours, at Six East, we have adopted the following protocols and wished to share them with you. If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call at 301-698-0800 or make your online appointment! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Six East Staff
Salon Staff Daily Protocol
- When a client arrives, request that they sanitize their hands and immediately take their temperature. Sanitize the table or anything the client might touch.
- Place client’s personal items in a plastic box; they may hold cell phones; no cell phones can be placed on the station!
- After shampooing: Wipe down with Barbicide (disinfectant) spray and a clean towel; this includes the shampoo sink, chair, and arms of the chair!
- After the technician is finished with the client: Wipe off comb with a towel and place in Barbicide jar. Wipe down chair, station & plastic box with either Barbicide spray and a clean towel or disinfecting wipes. Clean scissors or any other tool used during service with a disinfectant wipe after each client. (This includes any product container used during the service.)
- Take hair out of brush and place brush in Barbicide bowl.
- Place dirty towels and cape in the covered dirty laundry can in the color area. (None of these items should be placed in the kitchen.)
- Sweep hair and place in the covered trash can in the color area. (Must not be put in the trash can in the kitchen.)
- All dirty laundry must go in the covered container in the color area. Take out the liner and takedown to the basement when ready to wash.
- All clean laundry must be covered. Place clean laundry in a clean plastic bag. Bring upstairs and fold in color area and place in the covered plastic bin provided for clean towels.
- Change Barbicide jars and bowl every day.
- Check restrooms after each use! Remove ALL trash from the building every night!